|Config 3x2 x11:y0|
|Config 3x2 y21:y0|
I tried to capture some of the coolness I've witnessed while assembling the hill panels. I have to say the pictures don't do it justice, it looks better in real life. However, you can see that they fit nicely and that the slight down curve of table help pushing the hill panels in place.
|Ohh... Tight fit!|
I'm painting the panels with a medium quality acrylic paint. I've bought 4 different colors for the ground surface, these are: Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre Extra and Titanium Buff Light. I started with painting all panels with Burnt Umber (shown above). I watered the paint down considerably (3:1) as to avoid blogging the surface with paint and to improve application. It takes two layers on a black surface to get good coverage. The pictures above show coverage of the first layer. In overall I needed two bottles (500ml) of Burnt Umber to paint 12 panels.
TIP: I added black paint to the foam-coat mixture to get a black base color. It would have been easier if I bought black latex paint in the first place.
At the time of writing I've finished the ground surface of all the panels and painted them all with two layers of Burnt Umber.
The panels are now ready to be dry-brushed. This is done with a LARGE brush. I'm dry-brushing the panels with the remaining 3 colors in the following order: Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre Extra and Titanium Buff Light. Below the results of the first two panels.
Don't worry, the panels are far from done, these are just the initial results after dry-brushing. I'll cover the details in upcomming posts, but first I'm taking a one month holiday.